Old 15-04-2006, 08:20 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Pump Replacement Recommendation

On 15 Apr 2006 05:44:47 -0700, "TomW" wrote:

Looks like that pump is not submersible. I'm locating the pump at the
bottom of the skimmer box, so I'm not sure that one would work either.

You did point out the pump I currently have. I'm sure not getting
another one of those. No response from the manufacturer. Failure after
only 22 months of use.

Looks like I may have to rework my current connections. With the pump
you suggested, how do you prime it? Where do you locate an external
pump in a pond setup?

If you're looking for a submersible, check out the Danner Mag-Drive website
or perhaps a Beckett. You mentioned having an Aquascape designed pond?

To do an external pump it would go after the skimmer and pump to the falls
bio-filter.

For long life on a submersible they need to run as clean as water thru them
as possible. The dirtier the water the shorter the life span. That said
though, I have a Little Giant, that use to be in the bottom of my pond,
that I now use as the filter muck out pump, so not continual use. Still
going after 11 years! (Knock on Wood) Like most things, it all depends on
what day of the week something was put together at the factory. ;o) ~ jan