Old 15-04-2006, 08:08 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Ron Hardin

Default Central Ohio Weeds for the 15th (morning excursion)

wrote:
If you're thinking of Dame's Rocket, Hesperis matronalis, the plant
is too small, and it's a bit early for it, too. While you sometimes
see white ones, they are usually shades of purple.

Right, I recorded them around May 4 in previous years, but I don't
know what the baby ones might look like. The 3 shades are about equally
common, unless they're planting them deliberately that way at the
ends of their driveways around here.

--
Ron Hardin