Old 15-04-2006, 11:26 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bryan

Default Pond - Pool advice

The bad news, a very warm Feb led me to raising my plants from their deep
hibernation and place in a shallow temp pond. A week later after 90's for a
week, it dipped into freezing for a few nights in a row. I think all my
lilies died.

So the thoughts turned on turning my pond into a pool for my kids. The water
was always clear, it's huge (20'x8'x4'deep), as big, or bigger, than those
intex above ground pools. Well in theory it's great, but in actuality it's
not working so well.

The plants must have paid a huge role in clarity. Plus this is an extremely
dry and windy year so far. Many days of 20-30mph sustained winds, and I
think they're dumping excess amounts of dirt into my water. All I've ever
used before is an upflow lava rock 55gal drum filter.

Suggestions on how to get the dirt out of the water? All I have is a 2000gph
pump, and my lava filter.

Any other ideas suggestions?

Thanks
Bryan