Old 15-04-2006, 11:26 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bryan

Default Pond - Pool advice

The bad news, a very warm Feb led me to raising my plants from their deep
hibernation and place in a shallow temp pond. A week later after 90's for a
week, it dipped into freezing for a few nights in a row. I think all my
lilies died.

So the thoughts turned on turning my pond into a pool for my kids. The water
was always clear, it's huge (20'x8'x4'deep), as big, or bigger, than those
intex above ground pools. Well in theory it's great, but in actuality it's
not working so well.

The plants must have paid a huge role in clarity. Plus this is an extremely
dry and windy year so far. Many days of 20-30mph sustained winds, and I
think they're dumping excess amounts of dirt into my water. All I've ever
used before is an upflow lava rock 55gal drum filter.

Suggestions on how to get the dirt out of the water? All I have is a 2000gph
pump, and my lava filter.

Any other ideas suggestions?

Thanks
Bryan

Old 16-04-2006, 12:08 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:26:41 GMT, "Bryan" wrote:

[...]

Go to a pool store and ask them about proper filtration for a swimming
pool. After all, swimming pools, even with proper filtration, require lots
of added chemicals to keep them clean and clear. ~ jan

-----------------
Old 16-04-2006, 12:35 AM posted to rec.ponds
netDenizen

Bryan wrote:

So the thoughts turned on turning my pond into a pool for my kids.

If it's to be a kiddy pool you'll need to chlorinate - or empty/ fill
daily. There are a variety of swimming pool filters available for
clearing the water if you're really making a pool for children - and not
kidding .

POOL SCREEN AVAILABLE HERE (LANAI SCREEN POOL CAGE ) The Poolscreen Guy Lawns 2 13-10-2004 02:06 AM
WTB: Swimming Pool - need crew to install pool in ground GeneS Texas 1 21-06-2004 11:08 PM
Lowe's Pond/Pool vacuum? Weldon Wallick Ponds 8 28-07-2003 02:12 AM
POND TO POOL tuppence Gardening 2 13-06-2003 07:56 PM
Pool Pump Cover (was Swimming pool filter/pump question) Raymond Luxury-Yacht Lawns 0 15-05-2003 07:56 PM