Old 16-04-2006, 12:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma

Default ROOSETER Problem

sockiescat wrote in
:

dave do u have a farm not far from your area because that
rooster probably belongs to one of the farmers near u.
either post a message in your local newspaper, in the
grocery stores and laundromats near u or have it put on the
radio news station about the rooster and i betcha u might
find its owner. good luck in the great rooster adventure.

at the risk of continuing to feed the troll...
roosters are not exactly valuable livestock on most farms. i
raise chickens & the only reason to keep a rooster is because
you happen to like a rooster around, or you're raising rare
breeds & have a breeding quality rooster.
in my case, i have roosters because i like them, but, except
for my Speckled Sussex, i wouldn't mind if they disappeared...
if i have more than one Blue Orpington rooster in my batch of
Blue & Black Orp chicks, they won't be staying. roosters are
too hard on the hens unless you keep them seperate. since my
chickens are free range, that can't happen...
if a rooster shows up on your doorstep, eat it before it
starts attacking you... which it most likely will (yes, i know
not all roosters attack, as my Speckled Sussex doesn't, but i
tell my kid there's a reason his bantam rooster is shaped like
a football...). the electric meter reader used to refuse to
read my meter when i had my White Leghorn rooster. the bird
was *mean*! we all carried buggy whips when we had to work
outside...
lee & no, he's not soup. someone bought him from me as a
guard
--
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the
guise of