Old 15-04-2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dave_s

Default ROOSETER Problem

A rooster has appeared suddenly at my house and in my front yard
gardens. This bird crows loudly all day and early in morning.

The rooster perches on my front porch wooden rails and makes droppings
[fertilizes] porch cement. With Bird Flu concerns, we do not need a
ROOSTER making droppings and living on my property.

Try as I may, I cannot discourage that Rooster from sitting on my front
porch. What can I use to make the smell of my front porch obnoxious to
this old Rooster?

Really need help. Dave_S
Old 16-04-2006, 04:26 AM
Registered User

Smile

Dave_s A rooster has appeared suddenly at my house and in my front yard
gardens. This bird crows loudly all day and early in morning.

The rooster perches on my front porch wooden rails and makes droppings
[fertilizes] porch cement. With Bird Flu concerns, we do not need a
ROOSTER making droppings and living on my property.

Try as I may, I cannot discourage that Rooster from sitting on my front
porch. What can I use to make the smell of my front porch obnoxious to
this old Rooster?

Really need help. Dave_S

dave do u have a farm not far from your area because that rooster probably belongs to one of the farmers near u.
either post a message in your local newspaper, in the grocery stores and laundromats near u or have it put on the radio news station about the rooster and i betcha u might find its owner.
good luck in the great rooster adventure. cyaaaa, sockiescat.
Old 16-04-2006, 12:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma

sockiescat wrote in
:

dave do u have a farm not far from your area because that
rooster probably belongs to one of the farmers near u.
either post a message in your local newspaper, in the
grocery stores and laundromats near u or have it put on the
radio news station about the rooster and i betcha u might
find its owner. good luck in the great rooster adventure.

at the risk of continuing to feed the troll...
roosters are not exactly valuable livestock on most farms. i
raise chickens & the only reason to keep a rooster is because
you happen to like a rooster around, or you're raising rare
breeds & have a breeding quality rooster.
in my case, i have roosters because i like them, but, except
for my Speckled Sussex, i wouldn't mind if they disappeared...
if i have more than one Blue Orpington rooster in my batch of
Blue & Black Orp chicks, they won't be staying. roosters are
too hard on the hens unless you keep them seperate. since my
chickens are free range, that can't happen...
if a rooster shows up on your doorstep, eat it before it
starts attacking you... which it most likely will (yes, i know
not all roosters attack, as my Speckled Sussex doesn't, but i
tell my kid there's a reason his bantam rooster is shaped like
a football...). the electric meter reader used to refuse to
read my meter when i had my White Leghorn rooster. the bird
was *mean*! we all carried buggy whips when we had to work
outside...
lee & no, he's not soup. someone bought him from me as a
guard
--
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the
guise of