Old 16-04-2006, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default What do you think of my statues, pots and garden ornaments?

"Alchemist" wrote in message

Hi,

I have found a way of coating stone and terracotta with real bronze and
have begun using it to make bronze coated statues, pots and garden
ornaments. Although I have been making things for myself and friends
for a while now I have only recently begun trying to sell them to
others and would be interested in the opinions of other keen
gardeners.

My sculptures look, feel and age/ weather like solid bronze but without
the expense. The surface is real bronze, so unlike bronze look, bronze
finish or "bronze effect" pieces they take on a character of their own.
The rain, sun and other weather conditions constantly alter the
appearance of the green verdigris that forms on the bronze and settles
in the grooves and crevices.

I have set up a website with photos of my pieces
www.alchemistsgarden.com . So if you are interested take a look and if
you don't mind giving me some feedback I would greatly appreciate it.
Alchemist

I'm personally not a lover of your style of statues/pots, but they look OK if
you like that sort of thing :~)

Nice site. Black backgrounds always look good :~)
Jenny