Old 16-04-2006, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What is eating my Primrose?

Yep and he was up to no good (they said he had a tattoo of a skulk and
crossbones on his ear.)

If I use my plastic pond netting I use to keep leaves out in the fall do
you think he will chew thru that? I don't have the wire to cover that big of
a bed. 4x8ft.and if I just cover the one he's been eating he will probably
just eat the others.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Was that rabbit wearing a hoodie and carrying a flashlight?

wrote in message
hmmm good idea, I will try the cage and see. Funny thing out of 15 plants
they picked the runt of the litter to pick on.
Might have been a rabbit. One was seen a few days ago roaming around the
neighborhood looking for trouble.

Thanks for the tip. BTW my beer trap was empty today so it must be a 4
legged mammal type.
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

wrote in message
Something is eating the leaves of my mixed hardy primrose plants. Can
this be slugs or something else? I put out a beer trap yesterday just
in case.

--
Elaine

Got deer, woodchucks or rabbits in the neighborhood? One way to find
out (sort of) is to stick a little wire cage over some of the plants. If
they're still being eaten, it's not mammals.