Old 17-04-2006, 06:39 PM
MartinC MartinC is offline
Registered User

Default Pond Filter help needed

Hi,
I want to buy a pond filter but before I go shopping I like to knowledge myself of what is required before a salesman may sell me down the river with lots of unecessary expense etc.

I've been browsing the shop websites and ebay but I'm getting confused, it seems some, if not all, filters require a pump to be purchased seperately but is this the case with all or just some filters.

I don't have a very big pond thus I don't feel it necessary to but an all singing and all dancing filter etc. and just when I though that the 'Hozelock Ecopower 2200 Pond Filter' might be ideal for me I got the impression that I would need to buy a pump also.

Might someone kindly be able to advise me if the Hozelock (above) does need a seperate pump, do all inexpensive filters need a seperate pump or does anyone know of a modestly priced filter with pump incorporated that they might recommend to me.

As I say, I've got myself confused thus any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Martin