Old 17-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered User

Default Pond Filter help needed

Hi,
I want to buy a pond filter but before I go shopping I like to knowledge myself of what is required before a salesman may sell me down the river with lots of unecessary expense etc.

I've been browsing the shop websites and ebay but I'm getting confused, it seems some, if not all, filters require a pump to be purchased seperately but is this the case with all or just some filters.

I don't have a very big pond thus I don't feel it necessary to but an all singing and all dancing filter etc. and just when I though that the 'Hozelock Ecopower 2200 Pond Filter' might be ideal for me I got the impression that I would need to buy a pump also.

Might someone kindly be able to advise me if the Hozelock (above) does need a seperate pump, do all inexpensive filters need a seperate pump or does anyone know of a modestly priced filter with pump incorporated that they might recommend to me.

As I say, I've got myself confused thus any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Martin
Old 17-04-2006, 10:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

"MartinC" wrote in message

Hi,
I want to buy a pond filter but before I go shopping I like to
knowledge myself of what is required before a salesman may sell me down
the river with lots of unecessary expense etc.

If you spend some time in here, you'll find that you probably can make your
own filter for a fraction of the cost of a commercial filter. Important
things to know are the pond size, number fish, and type of fish.

-S

Old 20-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Registered User

Thanks,
I found the solution to my problem.

Because I only have a modestly sized pond I didn't want the area cluttered with more equipment than there is pond.

Today I bought and installed a Hozelock Easyclear 2000, an all in one filter, pump & fountain, ideal for what I wanted.

Recommended price is somewhere around £160.00 but I paid £72.95 via ebay with Kettering Koi & Ponds and drove the 10 miles e/w to Kettering to collect and pay for it earlier today.

Thanks
Old 21-04-2006, 07:08 PM posted to rec.ponds
2pods

--
MartinC

I've had a lot of good stuff (filters, pumps, UV etc) from Kettering and
highlt recommend them if you're in the UK.

Peter

Old 21-04-2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

2pods wrote:
"MartinC" wrote in message

Thanks,
I found the solution to my problem.

Because I only have a modestly sized pond I didn't want the area
cluttered with more equipment than there is pond.

Today I bought and installed a Hozelock Easyclear 2000, an all in one
filter, pump & fountain, ideal for what I wanted.

Recommended price is somewhere around £160.00 but I paid £72.95 via
ebay with Kettering Koi & Ponds and drove the 10 miles e/w to Kettering
to collect and pay for it earlier today.

Thanks

--
MartinC

I've had a lot of good stuff (filters, pumps, UV etc) from Kettering and
highlt recommend them if you're in the UK.

Peter

Isn't that a town???? :-)

Old 21-04-2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.ponds
2pods

Recommended price is somewhere around £160.00 but I paid £72.95 via
ebay with Kettering Koi & Ponds and drove the 10 miles e/w to Kettering
to collect and pay for it earlier today.

Thanks

--
MartinC

I've had a lot of good stuff (filters, pumps, UV etc) from Kettering and
highlt recommend them if you're in the UK.

Peter

Isn't that a town???? :-)

What, the UK ?
It's just a teeny bit bigger ;-)

Peter

Old 21-04-2006, 10:39 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

2pods wrote:
Recommended price is somewhere around £160.00 but I paid £72.95 via
ebay with Kettering Koi & Ponds and drove the 10 miles e/w to Kettering
to collect and pay for it earlier today.

Thanks

--
MartinC

I've had a lot of good stuff (filters, pumps, UV etc) from Kettering and
highlt recommend them if you're in the UK.

Peter

Isn't that a town???? :-)

What, the UK ?
It's just a teeny bit bigger ;-)

Peter

The only thing I know about Kettering is that my Dad was based there
when he did his National Service after WW2.....enlighten me please....
Old 22-04-2006, 12:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
2pods

I've had a lot of good stuff (filters, pumps, UV etc) from Kettering and
highlt recommend them if you're in the UK.

Peter

Isn't that a town???? :-)

What, the UK ?
It's just a teeny bit bigger ;-)

Peter

The only thing I know about Kettering is that my Dad was based there when
he did his National Service after WW2.....enlighten me please....

I was pulling your leg :-)
I have to confess I've never been there (me being in Scotland), I meant the
company http://www.ketteringkoi.com/ who I have used a lot.

Their prices are as good as their service (next day delivery etc).
I'm not connected in anyway, just a very satisfied customer.

IIRC you're doing a pond this year, Gill ?
If so, take a look.

Peter