Old 17-04-2006, 07:05 PM posted to rec.ponds
Altum

Default Toad eggs Filter or no filter?

Rach wrote:
I have a ton of what I think are Toad eggs in my plant in my pond.
(Long strings of tiny black dots,after I "walked in" on the act
yesterday) I want to Have my kids see them grow into toads, should I
turn off my pond filter to prevent the tadpoles from getting sucked in?

Your tadpoles need filtered, moving water. I have a CalPump basket and
foam as a prefilter to protect the pump and give fry a chance. If you
tell us what kind of filter you have and whether it would be easy to
rinse a prefilter, I'm sure someone will suggest something.

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com