Old 18-04-2006, 01:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
G Pearce

Default Reducing mulm

www.bactapur.com - you can go here to read about it - you will need to
follow the links on the pages to get to "Decorative Ponds", or small
backyard ponds, if you want to read about how it works and why
Gale :~)
PS - I think Nedra was using BZT, another brand

"G Pearce" wrote in message
I use Bacta Pur, but any bacteria additive will speed up the decay on the
pond bottom - mine will be gone by Aug. You need to follow directions on
the container - it is not an overnight thing or a "quick fix" - mine is
added weekly
Gale :~)

Thanks Gale. I remember Nedra recommending one a few years back but can't
recall the name of the product. She swore by it.

I'll check my catalogs for Bacta Pur.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.