Old 18-04-2006, 03:40 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Reducing mulm

"G Pearce" wrote in message
www.bactapur.com - you can go here to read about it - you will need to
follow the links on the pages to get to "Decorative Ponds", or small
backyard ponds, if you want to read about how it works and why
Gale :~)
PS - I think Nedra was using BZT, another brand

Thanks again. This year (we just cleaned and refilled the 2000g pond) we
dropped the pump to the bottom in hopes it picks up more mulm. There should
also be better circulation. Having less koi in there should also help. It
was getting to where the Tetra filter and settling tank-plant filter weren't
adequate anymore. Right now we have 12 young adult 12 to 18" koi in this
pond and no goldfish.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.