Old 18-04-2006, 03:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Best Koi foods - where and how much?

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:38:12 -0500, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

"Peter Smith" wrote in message
Tetra
$ 9.99 1lb. can

====================
Thanks, but that's an outrageous amount for only 1 lb of food. :-( I
remember there being some question awhile back as to the quality of the
Tetra foods. They may have improved since then.

I'll go through close to a lb a week with all the fish I (still) have. I
don't want to pay more than maybe $4 lb as I buy 25 lbs at a time.

Your question was "Can anyone suggest the BEST koi foods with the
least fillers?" You didn't ask which was the cheapest or the best
value for the money. Peter answered your question with his opinion
that Tetra is the best. Fair question, fair answer.

Yep, I realize that and was just commenting on the price. I had no idea
they were that high. I think I went into "sticker" shock. For $9 a lb I
wonder if fresh seafood from the store wouldn't be better?!?!?! You can
find bags of mixed seafood in Asian grocery stores for something like $2.49
to $4 lb.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.