Old 18-04-2006, 03:53 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

Default Reducing mulm

Keep Carol from usingf the pond as a swimming hole and you would not
have those problems of green water and excessive mulm buildup.

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:40:34 -0500, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

x-
x-"G Pearce" wrote in message
x- www.bactapur.com - you can go here to read about it - you will need to
x- follow the links on the pages to get to "Decorative Ponds", or small
x- backyard ponds, if you want to read about how it works and why
x- Gale :~)
x- PS - I think Nedra was using BZT, another brand
x-
x-Thanks again. This year (we just cleaned and refilled the 2000g pond) we
x-dropped the pump to the bottom in hopes it picks up more mulm. There should
x-also be better circulation. Having less koi in there should also help. It
x-was getting to where the Tetra filter and settling tank-plant filter weren't
x-adequate anymore. Right now we have 12 young adult 12 to 18" koi in this
x-pond and no goldfish.