Old 14-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default How To Deal With Low Budget Bare Root Roses

In article ,
says...
Using the above principles, you can enable these poorly treated, badly
packaged and barely surviving roses back into garden shape.

I might add one more thing I've had some luck with. If you're convinced
your rose bush is dead (ie it shows no signs of budding after a couple of
weeks in the ground or pot), try burying it in a mound of thouroughly
saturated peat moss. Keep the peat moss saturated for a week or ten
days. Then very carefully remove the peat moss. With any luck, there
will be buds coming out. They may be blanched from being buried, but
don't worry about it - you've broken dormancy and that's what counts.

I've had this work on three "dead" bareroot roses and fail on only one.

--
It's turtles - all the way down!