Old 14-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Mike Hagen

Default Is there any UK activity in this group

Joe Zorzin wrote:
"Andy Dingley" wrote in message

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:27:11 -0500, "Joe Zorzin"
wrote:

Just curious about what such a lot would cost in the UK.

More than it would have cost if I'd bought either of the two I should
have bought last year 8-(

One of them was 20 acres of mixed immature broadleaf woodland, in
South Wales. Sold for only £11K, but I found out about it two days too
late.

The other was 10 acres on the Wales / England border, and a truly
gorgeous location (an area I've liked for 10 years). There was some
recent felling and 6 acres of mature larch remaining. On offer for
£15K. Stupidly I decided against buying it, because my "plan" was to
find something where I could fell a few of the trees and use them for
my cabinetry work. I loved this site, but I just didn't want that much
"useless" larch.

Of course, since then I've been busy felling the abundant oaks and ash
on other people's woodland, and making larger projects from larch.

Glad to see you Brits still use "acres". You're probably the only people in
the world, other than we Yanks who still use such an intelligent measuring
system. G

JZ

Got over 4.5 inches of rain and 60 mph winds in the last 24 hours.
Wanna trade, Joe?