Old 19-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Pest Effects Pest Effects is offline
Registered User

[quote=Sacha]adamtgreen wrote:
Hello,

I bought a house back in September that had what appeared to be 2
thriving Rosemary bushes on the back garden. When tidying the garden we
cut them back slightly and they seemed fine, however, one of the plants
(or indeed half of the plant) appears to be dieing or has died. The
other half though looks like it's thriving and has flowered. I wondered
if anybody knows whether I can save the dieing part (which we really
want to do) or whether it's a lost cause.

A lot of rosemary bushes and lavenders have died because they've become infested with rosemary leaf beetles. Look out for beautiful metallic green and purple coloured adults and the light grey with dark striped larvae. There's an article on this pest with pictures in the Just Green pest of the month section on their website.