Old 20-04-2006, 02:27 AM posted to misc.rural,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
Peter Huebner

Default Deere "lawn tractor" OK for cultivating/soil prep?

In article om,
says...
I needed to get a real "garden tractor" for this sort of thing. Of
course their "garden" and "utility" tractors are several
thousand dollars more than their "lawn tractors." I've
heard/read similar comments in other places.

Transmission and Traction.

Our lawn tractor's transmission wouldn't stand up to pulling anything much. And
the traction is so bad, it can't even get itself out of one of the holes the
dogs dig in their run area if it drops one drive-wheel in, it needs a push.

Does that answer your question?

-Peter