Old 19-04-2006, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Default OT web hosts

Thanks Gary. That's what I thought.

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
I use 1&1 and have no problems. The software they provide is very good and
the price is great. I've had very little down time at all and for only
short periods of time. I've never had to contact them for service other
than initial signup and domain acquisition so I can't respond to that. But
it looks to me like you are a web-saavy person who can probably handle all
you need yourself from instructions. That's all I do. For 25x the space at
half the price, all the email boxes you could ever want, what's not to
love?
Gary
"K Barrett" wrote in message
OK, I need cheap web space. I see 1&1 Hosting has 5 GB space for $5 a
month. But in the back of my mind I seem to recall that they aren't
great to work with. Anyone have any input on web hosts? Currently I'm
with 1-hour hosting I get 200MB space for over $150/yr, and that's nuts,
especailly in light of the amount of space and lower costs the newer
hosts charge. Considering I have 3 webpages (all orchid related) this
costs a few bucks.

K Barrett