Old 20-04-2006, 02:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
joe.henderson1@

Default tractors

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:49:27 -0600, "Rich"
wrote:

Last year my ariens s10g finally died. I owned that tractor for close to 30
yesrs. 15 years ago the motor took a dump andi bought a 16 hp to replace it.
I had a set of tire chains a 300lbs weight box on the back and a snow plow
blade.I pushed dirt like a bulldozer,this tractor did everthing i needed it
to do. My 1.5 acers are now in very good shape but my workhorse is now
dead,motor died mower deck has been welded back together to many times. I
cant spend 7gs on a new tractor. What I need now is to just cut the
grass,pull a lawn roller around in the spring and a 40" areator ever other
time I cut the lawn. No blade or snowthrower. Looking at 155c jd and ..lt155
cub cadet any opinons. The cub cadet looks like a beefier tractor. Grass is
starting grow again any opinions or coments from owners of these models.

Sorry to hear about your loss..

A good tractor is hard to find..

My old lowes '91 14hp B&S/42" died from a broken tranny..

I've recently purchased a JD GT235.. for $4500 US..

Worth every dime..

Heavy duty tranny, hour meter, cruise, 48" 12GU Deck, 19HP Kawa..

I do a lot of landscape and got tire of being pushed down hill by a
loaded cart.. Now I can do anything with anything..

Due the checking .. You won't be unimpressed... My buddy has the 30"
tines and let me tell you for a spring garden of 100x50.. it's a
weekend with no broken backs..