Old 01-04-2006, 01:49 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Rich

Default tractors

Last year my ariens s10g finally died. I owned that tractor for close to 30
yesrs. 15 years ago the motor took a dump andi bought a 16 hp to replace it.
I had a set of tire chains a 300lbs weight box on the back and a snow plow
blade.I pushed dirt like a bulldozer,this tractor did everthing i needed it
to do. My 1.5 acers are now in very good shape but my workhorse is now
dead,motor died mower deck has been welded back together to many times. I
cant spend 7gs on a new tractor. What I need now is to just cut the
grass,pull a lawn roller around in the spring and a 40" areator ever other
time I cut the lawn. No blade or snowthrower. Looking at 155c jd and ..lt155
cub cadet any opinons. The cub cadet looks like a beefier tractor. Grass is
starting grow again any opinions or coments from owners of these models.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jonny

See alt.fan.tractors newsgroup. This newsgroup is for lawns and gardens,
not mechanized equipment that does much more than that.
My opinion.
--
Jonny

Old 01-04-2006, 06:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

"Rich" wrote in message
Last year my ariens s10g finally died. I owned that tractor for close to
30 yesrs. 15 years ago the motor took a dump andi bought a 16 hp to
replace it. I had a set of tire chains a 300lbs weight box on the back and
a snow plow blade.I pushed dirt like a bulldozer,this tractor did
everthing i needed it to do. My 1.5 acers are now in very good shape but
my workhorse is now dead,motor died mower deck has been welded back
together to many times. I cant spend 7gs on a new tractor. What I need
now is to just cut the grass,pull a lawn roller around in the spring and a
40" areator ever other time I cut the lawn. No blade or snowthrower.
Looking at 155c jd and ..lt155 cub cadet any opinons. The cub cadet looks
like a beefier tractor. Grass is starting grow again any opinions or
coments from owners of these models.

Ignore Johnny's brush-off. We just had a lengthy discussion on a JD & a
Toro. This is as good a place as any to get an opinion.
Personally I doubt if there is much difference between the two you
mentioned - just a matter of what color you like and if anybody wants to
deal on the price or throw in some extra goodies. I'm still sticking with
the oldies - 2 old Cub Cadets, an old JD, and a couple old Wheelhorses. But
I'm still plowing a garden, discing, snowblowing, dragging logs around,
pulling wagons of firewood, etc. (envying your 300# weight box). I would
think either machine you are looking at will satisfy your needs.

Old 18-04-2006, 05:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
NapalmHeart

hlink.net...
"Rich" wrote in message
Last year my ariens s10g finally died. I owned that tractor for close to
30 yesrs. 15 years ago the motor took a dump andi bought a 16 hp to
replace it. I had a set of tire chains a 300lbs weight box on the back
and a snow plow blade.I pushed dirt like a bulldozer,this tractor did
everthing i needed it to do. My 1.5 acers are now in very good shape but
my workhorse is now dead,motor died mower deck has been welded back
together to many times. I cant spend 7gs on a new tractor. What I need
now is to just cut the grass,pull a lawn roller around in the spring and
a 40" areator ever other time I cut the lawn. No blade or snowthrower.
Looking at 155c jd and ..lt155 cub cadet any opinons. The cub cadet looks
like a beefier tractor. Grass is starting grow again any opinions or
coments from owners of these models.

alt.fans.tractors is more for full-size tractors than lawnmower sized units.
Not that you might not find your answer there. Most posters there are
friendly.

Ken

Old 20-04-2006, 02:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
joe.henderson1@

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:49:27 -0600, "Rich"
wrote:

Last year my ariens s10g finally died. I owned that tractor for close to 30
yesrs. 15 years ago the motor took a dump andi bought a 16 hp to replace it.
I had a set of tire chains a 300lbs weight box on the back and a snow plow
blade.I pushed dirt like a bulldozer,this tractor did everthing i needed it
to do. My 1.5 acers are now in very good shape but my workhorse is now
dead,motor died mower deck has been welded back together to many times. I
cant spend 7gs on a new tractor. What I need now is to just cut the
grass,pull a lawn roller around in the spring and a 40" areator ever other
time I cut the lawn. No blade or snowthrower. Looking at 155c jd and ..lt155
cub cadet any opinons. The cub cadet looks like a beefier tractor. Grass is
starting grow again any opinions or coments from owners of these models.

Sorry to hear about your loss..

A good tractor is hard to find..

My old lowes '91 14hp B&S/42" died from a broken tranny..

I've recently purchased a JD GT235.. for $4500 US..

Worth every dime..

Heavy duty tranny, hour meter, cruise, 48" 12GU Deck, 19HP Kawa..

I do a lot of landscape and got tire of being pushed down hill by a
loaded cart.. Now I can do anything with anything..

Due the checking .. You won't be unimpressed... My buddy has the 30"
tines and let me tell you for a spring garden of 100x50.. it's a
weekend with no broken backs..

blades for lawn tractors, difference in quality? Joe Zorzin Lawns 6 22-07-2003 10:47 AM
Used BCS walking tractors? [email protected] North Carolina 0 05-06-2003 09:17 AM
Used BCS walking tractors? [email protected] North Carolina 0 04-06-2003 04:33 PM
Lawn Tractors Declan United Kingdom 0 18-05-2003 09:08 PM
Does Honda still make tractors? Jeff Guay Lawns 8 26-04-2003 07:20 PM