Old 20-04-2006, 12:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
MaxMustermann

Default Basil problems

Hi,

I've got two different kinds of basil plants. The first is the Magical
Michael type that I grew from seeds just before winter, obviously
indoors and in pots, and it now reached about 30cm. The second kind is
normal italian basil that I bought from the local supermarket.

All plants go quite 'bushy' so I decided to remove the big and medium
leaves to make pesto! That turned out good!!

Anyways... the magical michael ones have leaves where black spots (5mm
dia approx) appearing on them. They're not dark black spots but
slightly paler.

Furthermore, both kinds have more leaves turning into a golden-brown
color.

I do water the plants lightly once a day in the morning, and they get
no water in the weeekend.

Am I doing something wrong, is this a fungal infection, overwatering,
or what?

Thanks,
Max

btw... I'm around Frankfurt, Germany!