Old 20-04-2006, 11:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314

Default Grafting Workshop near Chicago

Does anyone know of a class in the Baltimore area? I've read books on the
subject and think that I'm doing everything right but my grafts never work.

Paul

"John Kring" wrote in message
There is also a grafting class in Green Bay, WI on April 22 at the Ag &
Extension Serice Center, 1150 Bellevue St. starting at 9am. Apples scions
and rootstocks are available for folks to try grafting themselves. Call
the
UWEX office at (920) 391-4653.

"sherwindu" wrote in message
Make Your Own Fruit Tree. Hand's on instruction for grafting a fruit
tree. There is a small fee for materials, and you get to take home
whatever trees you make. You can select from many varieties of
apples, pears, plums, etc. Visit www.midfex.org to learn more.
Midfex stands for Midwest Fruit Explorers, a not for profit group
which trys to encourage growing fruit, berries, and nuts in people's
backyards.

SUNDAY, April 23th
Cantigny greenhouse in Wheaton, IL.
Lecture starts promptly at 1 PM and runs until 4 PM.

Sherwin D.