Old 14-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Warren

Default Its that time-Childrens Garden

JStubbs358 wrote:

So what do we put in this year. We've done sunflowers (several types)

no one
would pick them.

Marigolds. They should be easy to grow, and there are lots of different
varieties, tall and small. And they aren't all gold, either.

I like Valkyrie's suggestion of pumpkins, too. A combination of pumpkins
and marigolds could give you a combination of early results (the
marigolds), and late rewards (the pumpkins).

SugarChile's suggestion of a bean teepee sounds good, too. That could be
the centerpiece, with the pumpkins and marigolds around it.

And now I'm getting an urge to rip-up a section of lawn, and do just
that! Unfortunately, there aren't many kids in my neighborhood, and
they're afraid of me anyway. So if I did it, I'd have to do all the work
myself.... now my urge is passing.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.