Old 20-04-2006, 07:37 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

Default Q about feeding

David Sim wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message

~ janj wrote:

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:54:45 +0100, "BoyPete"
wrote:

I've seen some posts in here about times to feed fish, but can't
find them now. Temp. was mentioned too, is this air or water temp?
I'm away from the house 12 hours a day, so can only feed either 6 in
the morning, or 6 in the evening. Which would be best? Pond is
planted up now, and filter running, so will start to stock slowly in
a couple of weeks. Thanks

Based on water temp, and approaching weather during spring and fall.
What zone are you in, what is your water temperature now? ~ jan

Hi, I'm in SE London, UK. Water temp tonight at 6pm, was 12deg C/53deg F.
Weather is pleasant, and getting warmer.
--
ßôyþëtë

I'm feeding mine 7am then again at 7pm & they're fine - pond's in Reading,
Berkshire

When did you start feeding them? Hasn't it been a little cold in Reading
until this week? But maybe it depends which side of the river you
live.... :-)