Old 20-04-2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Q about feeding

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
Koi-Lo wrote:
I feed mine when the water is 53F as his is. That is if they're actively
looking for food, and it's obvious they're hungry.

With temps in the local area only just getting into the 60s this week and
dropping into the 40s if not lower at night (but only very recently even
getting this high) I would be suprised if the water temp does not drop
quite a bit below 53F in the evening. Most of it would depend, surely, on
the time when the reading was taken...

So, if we are going on a temp scale for the feeding of outdoor fish is it
taken on the max or min temperature?

Just curious
Gill

I feed at the max temp for the day. I feed only once a day (around noon to
2PM) when the water is in the 50s. They have time to digest it before the
water temp drops after sundown. I've had no problems.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.