Old 21-04-2006, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Salmon Egg

Default Tomato plant density--should I thin?

I am growing tomatoes in my little greenhouse hydroponically. They are
mostly Celebrity. I have very lush growth. I have many blossoms and set
fruits. I wonder if I should thin this growth. It is so thick, that I wonder
if there is sufficient light to support all the growth.

Is there some kind of rule-of-thumb to indicate how dense this growth should
be limited. The Celebrity variety is determinate, but even so, I think that
there may be too much of a good thing.

Bill
-- Ferme le Bush