Old 21-04-2006, 04:15 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Default Lemon trees

Wanna try some lemon tree growing. My grandma had a good sized orange tree
out in her backyard. Do remember it had alot of surface runners, but not as
bad as pecan trees. 3 lemon trees growing from seed now in a planter.

On a related topic, I sod planted some St Augustine last April. I
specificed high sun tolerant variety (don't remember the exact species).
Well, as noted by last year and this year, it kinda dries up and looks like
its gonna die after an all days' exposure to the sun. The highly shaded
areas, it does well. Cloudy days, seems okay in most of it. Sold product I
didn't specify, but now I'm stuck with it.

Want to plant lemon trees for long term growth to eventually shade the
house, grass, and front yard from the southern sun exposure. This is where
the St. Augustine is having most of the sun exposure problems. One side of
the yard has the primary sanitary drain pipe to the septic tank around 20
feet away from where I want to plant one lemon tree. Pipe is between 4 to 8
feet in depth within the yard as it goes downhill to the septic tank. Drain
pipe is rigid PVC schedule 40. Will this be problem in the future?

The other side of the yard is no problem, too far away from the piping.
--
Jonny