Old 21-04-2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze

Default 120 foot lawn sprinkler system

"Richard Miller" wrote in message
My back yard is 120 across but I don't want any more sprinklers in the
center of my yard then necessary because of my dog tripping on one of
them. Anyway I want to take sprinklers on both sides of my fence and shot
them as far into the yard as I can. Does anyone know how far I can get a
sprinkler to shoot water? I will need one (I hope) sprinkler in the center
of the yard, which will be a 360 degress sprinkler to make up for the
distance that the sprinklers on both sides will lack. Does anyone have any
thought on this?

You can commercial impact sprinklers, the kind they use on golf courses and
in agriculture. If you have a business, or know someone that does, you can
buy them from www.grainger.com for $17/head. I saw similar sprinklers at a
commercial landscape shop for $30/head.

They have about a 50' throw radius, you didn't say how deep the lawn is,
perhaps you can just put them on the perimeter.

Good luck
-S