Old 21-04-2006, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
sew crazy

Default possible DIY dosing equipment?

If you are not worried about the looks why not fit a shelf pop a coupple of
gallon bucket on there and set up a drip syphon useing the same tubeing ....

sides when it comes to diluting the formula you will have more room for
error ...

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:50:50 +0000 (UTC),
(Richard Sexton) wrote:

In article om,
wrote:
One other thing... how long will a 1000ml bag last for if set on a
minimum drip? I guess it wouldn't save effort trouble if I had to go
change the bag daily... unless I got a bigger bag...

That would work fine and 1 litre would last a fairly long time
for an average to large sized tank.

If you have access to hospital IV tubing, get what is commonly called
a "mini-drip". These things drip such tiny drops that a 1000 ml bag
would last a few days. Find a nurse to tell you exactly how many mls
per minute you can set it for.

-- Mister Gardener