Old 21-04-2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster

Default 120 foot lawn sprinkler system

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:11:13 -0700, Richard Miller wrote:
My back yard is 120 across but I don't want any more sprinklers in the
center of my yard then necessary because of my dog tripping on one of them.
Anyway I want to take sprinklers on both sides of my fence and shot them as
far into the yard as I can. Does anyone know how far I can get a sprinkler

Starter books for you:
Reliable Rain: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1561582026
Sprinklers and Watering Systems: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0696221497
All About Sprinklers and Drip Systems:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0897214137

Short answer is, yes, you can do it all with well chosen ag sprinklers
from the corners of your lot. It'll be expensive and not so pretty --
one of the main issues will be high enough water pressure -- they often need
40 psi at the nozzle, and up. There are more suitable systems for homes.