Old 14-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Henry

Default Michigan Bulb co??

"Mick709" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with Michigan Bulb Co? Just got a catalogue

from
them and the prices look pretty good and would like to place an order but

want
to know if anyone has had good/bad experiences. Also, read online that

they
filed for bankruptcy last(?)year and am worried about ordering plants from
someone who will be out of business soon.

Any imput would be great!

Mick!

Well-I ordered from them just before they went under. All 3 items I ordered
grew ( they were a tri-color Rose of Sharon, a tri-color Hydrangea (sp?),
and a tri-color Butterfly bush (and boy is the name right!)). I admit when I
first got them they seemed nothing more than twigs but I planted anyway and
they grew fine. I have been into gardening for quite a while and have
ordered plants from other sources and they have been quite a bit bigger but
then again you get what you pay for. The larger and more developed plants
will of course cost more and many plants are shipped dormant which takes
getting accustomed to since when you open it it looks dead. I believe the
new owners are more reputable but I have not dealt with them so I can't
really say. The best piece of advice I can give is that when dealing with an
unfamiliar company PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD and not a debit card or check.
That way if they don't deliver and you try in good faith to deal with them
to no satisfaction you can contact the credit card company and have them do
a chargeback so at least you get your money back.

Henry