Old 12-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Mick709

Default Michigan Bulb co??

Anyone have any experience with Michigan Bulb Co? Just got a catalogue from
them and the prices look pretty good and would like to place an order but want
to know if anyone has had good/bad experiences. Also, read online that they
filed for bankruptcy last(?)year and am worried about ordering plants from
someone who will be out of business soon.

Any imput would be great!

Mick!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:20 PM
SAS567

Anyone have any experience with Michigan Bulb Co? Just got a catalogue from
them and the prices look pretty good and would like to place an order but
want
to know if anyone has had good/bad experiences. Also, read online that they
filed for bankruptcy last(?)year and am worried about ordering plants from
someone who will be out of business soon.

Any imput would be great!

Mick!

My daughter used to order from them until they went out of business. Back
then, it was an excellent company.They were very good about replacing items
that died, or exchanging a wrong order. She would recommend them back then. But
I don't know about now. She told me yesterday that she received a catalogue
from them. My cousin worked there until they filed for bankrupcy and I've sent
her an email and asked for any info but she hasn't replied yet.
Sue in Mi.
Old 13-03-2003, 12:08 AM
madgard

thems fighting werds Mick709..............MB went outa business a
looooooooooooong time ago, and EVERYONE that hasn't been in a cave knows
they're huge rip offs. end of subject............madgardener once burnt
thrice shy

Old 13-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Tom Engel

Save yourself a lot of time and aggravation - go elsewhere. Even Home Depot. TMB
did go out of business (though not soon enough) and from the looks of their ads
nothing has changed. If I am incorrect in this assessment please advise. Randy

Old 13-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Snowfeet1

I ordered bulbs from them several years ago and never received them although my
check was cashed. I never received a response to my letter.

Old 13-03-2003, 04:20 AM
Warren

Tom Engel wrote:
Save yourself a lot of time and aggravation - go elsewhere. Even Home

Depot. TMB
did go out of business (though not soon enough) and from the looks of

their ads
nothing has changed. If I am incorrect in this assessment please

advise. Randy

Makes you wonder... Why would anyone have wanted the rights to such a
damaged name as Michigan Bulb, unless it is the same idiots who are
still clueless about what they need to do to run a successful business.

Rule Number 1: If you're opening a men's facial hair salon, "Hitler's
Mustache" is not a good name. Likewise, if you're opening a mail-order
bulb company, "Michigan Bulb" is not a good choice.

CyberRebate would be another name to avoid.

Hey... Anybody test drive that new Edsil?

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Old 13-03-2003, 04:20 AM
Starlord

Biggest RIPOFF outfit there is. STAY AWAY!

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund UPDATED
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com

"Mick709" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with Michigan Bulb Co? Just got a catalogue from
them and the prices look pretty good and would like to place an order but want
to know if anyone has had good/bad experiences. Also, read online that they
filed for bankruptcy last(?)year and am worried about ordering plants from
someone who will be out of business soon.

Any imput would be great!

Mick!

---

Old 13-03-2003, 12:56 PM
KrisHur

"Mick709" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with Michigan Bulb Co? Just got a catalogue

from
them and the prices look pretty good and would like to place an order but

want
to know if anyone has had good/bad experiences. Also, read online that

they
filed for bankruptcy last(?)year and am worried about ordering plants from
someone who will be out of business soon.

Any imput would be great!

Mick!

They are awful and thieves to boot.

For future reference you can check out customer reviews of mail order places
he
http://plantsbymail.net/

--
Kristen
Zone 6, SE NY

Old 13-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Karen Fletcher

KrisHur wrote:
: They are awful and thieves to boot.

This was a business based on the principle of "there's always a new
customer". This is because they hardly had any OLD customers...

: For future reference you can check out customer reviews of mail order places
: he http://plantsbymail.net/

Absolutely a place to check. A newer but growing resource for catalog
ratings: http://gardenwatchdog.com/

-- Karen

The Garden Gate http://garden-gate.prairienet.org
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
^and cats -- Cicero
On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002
Old 14-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Henry

"Mick709" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with Michigan Bulb Co? Just got a catalogue

from
them and the prices look pretty good and would like to place an order but

want
to know if anyone has had good/bad experiences. Also, read online that

they
filed for bankruptcy last(?)year and am worried about ordering plants from
someone who will be out of business soon.

Any imput would be great!

Mick!

Well-I ordered from them just before they went under. All 3 items I ordered
grew ( they were a tri-color Rose of Sharon, a tri-color Hydrangea (sp?),
and a tri-color Butterfly bush (and boy is the name right!)). I admit when I
first got them they seemed nothing more than twigs but I planted anyway and
they grew fine. I have been into gardening for quite a while and have
ordered plants from other sources and they have been quite a bit bigger but
then again you get what you pay for. The larger and more developed plants
will of course cost more and many plants are shipped dormant which takes
getting accustomed to since when you open it it looks dead. I believe the
new owners are more reputable but I have not dealt with them so I can't
really say. The best piece of advice I can give is that when dealing with an
unfamiliar company PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD and not a debit card or check.
That way if they don't deliver and you try in good faith to deal with them
to no satisfaction you can contact the credit card company and have them do
a chargeback so at least you get your money back.

Henry

Old 16-03-2003, 09:20 PM
N. Zitney

I'm not saying to use them because ymmv, but I did a few years ago, and the
order came, in a timely manor, and the plants have flourished.
N Zitney

Old 17-03-2003, 03:44 AM
Mickey&Nat

I heartily agree with the group. I also have been burned by Michigan Bulb.
The year they went bankrupt had several items never shipped to me although
they certainly kept my money. I really do not know how they have the nerve
to keep soliciting business and how the government lets them get away with
it. Please do not order from them.

Natalie

Old 17-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Callen Molenda

Karen Fletcher wrote:

KrisHur wrote:
: They are awful and thieves to boot.

This was a business based on the principle of "there's always a new
customer". This is because they hardly had any OLD customers...

: For future reference you can check out customer reviews of mail order places
: he http://plantsbymail.net/

Absolutely a place to check. A newer but growing resource for catalog
ratings: http://gardenwatchdog.com/

-- Karen

There's an exception to every rule. Everything I ever got from them did
splendidly. Or I have a really, really green thumb. g

Callen, back on line
Old 19-03-2003, 03:56 AM
Laura Stanley

I was burned by them, too. They charged me for plants they never shipped
when they went bankrupt. The last plants I did receive from them were tiny
things near death, which did not survive long.

Please give your business to a reputable nursery!

"Callen Molenda" wrote in message
Karen Fletcher wrote:

KrisHur wrote:
: They are awful and thieves to boot.

This was a business based on the principle of "there's always a new
customer". This is because they hardly had any OLD customers...

: For future reference you can check out customer reviews of mail order

places
: he http://plantsbymail.net/

Absolutely a place to check. A newer but growing resource for catalog
ratings: http://gardenwatchdog.com/

-- Karen

There's an exception to every rule. Everything I ever got from them did
splendidly. Or I have a really, really green thumb. g

Callen, back on line

[IMG] code is On

From BULB to SEED and back to BULB JandK23 Lawns 0 29-04-2005 03:06 PM
Michigan Bulb Co. PatK Gardening 7 30-03-2005 01:06 AM
TIme to plant? (Michigan) Anonymous Edible Gardening 7 15-02-2004 09:02 PM
Anyone here near the IL/Wis Boarder Close to Lake Michigan?? Lisa Kocanda Gardening 2 13-02-2004 06:50 PM
Is Michigan Bulb Company Back in Business Tom Engel Gardening 9 01-08-2003 04:12 PM