Old 23-04-2006, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Default fairy rings

It appears from trying to apply what little brain power I have to some
of the info available on the web, that there is little one can
do(without extreme measure) to 'kill' a fairy ring. I have one that
encircles part of my lawn conatining roots from a Silverleaf Maple
removed 2 years ago (likely the food source for the fungus) and a 1.5
year old installation of a 30 gallon container sized lacebark Elm. The
Elm is doing quite well but lawn grass in the area is practically
exterminated. Any suggestions?

thanx

Carl

--