Old 23-04-2006, 04:09 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Let's hear whats ponding this weekend?

I potted up the lotus after they had sat for 5 days in clean water.

Did you know that is the recommended thing for lotus divides? I've planted
them directly and had some fail, so we'll see if these do okay after
soaking. By the time I replanted mine, I only had tubers for 2 others
containers to set aside.

Next up was potting up the lily divides, main plants were taken care of
weeks ago, but not all the off shoots. Ended up with 8 of those. Then there
were the cannas, ended up with 7 extra of those.

Went to Costco and got this metal water garden that came with 4 plants.
This will be for my mom's Mom-Day/B-day combined. The plan, she wants
frogs, so I'm hoping this will be big enough to work.

Also hit Lowe's, on the suggestion of a customer at Costco. Did you know
having a mini-pond in your cart is a great conversation started? She told
me Lowe's had quite a few water plants, and boy howdy, was she right.
Nothing new there for me, I either have it or tried and didn't like it. I
did get a couple water hyacinth because it was the only container with 2
small ones in it for $4.97! The others had only 1.

Tomorrow I mow, and clean out the car where the water hyacinth container
spilled out. How was your ponding weekend? ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a