Old 23-04-2006, 03:35 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright

Default Best reel mower to buy?

wrote in message
I think I can mow my small lawn with an old fashion
reel mower

Any advice on best NEW reel mowers to buy?

Are you interested in a powered reel mower, or a manual mower? I have had
good success with the standard 18" manual unit I purchaed at Home Depot.

Never refuses to start, no need to go out and get fuel, no bagger, you can
cut any time of day without bothering the neighbors, etc. A perfect
solution if you can cut your grass more often than you'd need to with a
powered mower. That is the big disadvantage to a manual reel mower - if the
grass gets tall, you're outta luck.

KB