Old 23-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Tom&Barbara Tom&Barbara is offline
Registered User

Talking Hello everyone I am a newbie and don't like lurking...

so I'll introduce myself and jump right in.

I'm a 42 year young girl who lives in the Cheshire countryside with my partner, my two children, two step daughters every other weekend, three cats (one of which believes he is a dog), two adorable jack russells (which DON'T help with the gardening) and a friendly spirit (at least I think we have one anyway). I work nearly full time in a secondary mainstream school with kids that have learning/behaviour problems, it's a fun, challenging, heart rending and at times infuriating job but I wouldn't do anything else in the world though. Emmm, well maybe, when I'm older and my kids have grown up I will go to work for the local council doing all the gardening stuff, being outdoors all the time in all weathers would suit me just fine.

I have two passions, the weather and gardening. I am still quite new to the gardening thing though. I am becoming more knowledgable but sometimes do stupid things like prune my lavender at the wrong time and ruin it! I am so mad with myself for doing this and really should have known better. I have just increased my veg patch and I have a lovely new potting shed at the bottom of the garden. I am a very happy girl!

Today I am still in my jamas because I had a bit too much wine last night and feel a bit ill. For goodness sakes though, I only drank 3/4 bottle which really isn't much is it? But I don't drink so I guess that's why my head is hurting today. Anyway my veg patch is beckoning because my spuds and carrot seeds badly need planting and I'm trying to muster up some energy and a clear head to get out there and do what needs to be done.

Well that's enough about me. Hope it wasn't too long a intro. I look forward to conversing with you all and learning lots more about about gardening.

Oh and my name Tom&Barbara comes from the the affectionate nickname my partners family refer to us as. Can't think why!

Can anyone tell me if you can put smilies within the text or is just in the post header?