Old 23-04-2006, 01:35 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Lemon trees

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:10:35 GMT, "Jonny"
wrote:

You may be right about the water to the grass, but not the methods and how
much water. I've tried every imaginable method of watering, soaking to high
frequency light watering. Sod placed on topsoil brought from elsewhere.
The native ground is typical hill country, rock, gravel like, poor soil.
Front yard has steep downgrade to front. The grass only extends 10 feet
beyond the house on the brought in topsoil that's all around the house.

My brother, who lives on the north side of Canyon Lake has two lemon trees
that do well. Don't know the exact species. That's where I got the seed
for the seedlings growing now, lemons he gave to me that came from one of
those trees.

Oh, you could be in a pocket, but citrus are not hardy here.
Eventually you will lose it. Citrus grown from seeds generally never
produce fruits. You're better off buying some trees in large
containers