Old 23-04-2006, 08:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Bought Without Blooms

If you live in a cold climate, that may be fine, and I will leave you to the
many experts we have from such areas. But in hot climates like my own south
Florida, Phals kept in constant-temp ac-d homes do not tend to initiate new
inflorescences.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Pfui!" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well... I keep it in a east window where it gets good morning light but
not too much. I water it once a week, or when the the area around the
roots feels relatively dry. I fertilize it every other week. I keep the
temperature of our house at about 72 degrees F. Also I keep a small
amout of pebbles and water below the plant for humidity.