Old 24-04-2006, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default fruit tree recommendation

I don't read every catalog from cover to cover, but I read a lot of them, and I don't think I've ever seen a beatle-resistant tree offered. As far as fungal infection, I'd consult a reliable nursery, such as www.millernurseries.com. Very serious place. Or, find a local one run by people who appear to live in the soil themselves. It would not be enough to tell you "peach tree" - you need specific cultivars.

Finally, you should go to google, and do a web search which includes the words "Maryland" and "cooperative extension". Do you understand why?

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message ...
I need a recommendation for a fruit tree that is not bothered by Japaneese beatles and is relatively free from fungal infections. This is for Central Maryland - zone 6

thanx