Old 24-04-2006, 04:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Derryl Killan

Default 120 foot lawn sprinkler system

A sprinkler or two will give you 100% overlap which is what you want
from your systems. And they install flush with the lawn and are not a
tripping hazard.

Derryl Killan
Horticulturists
Calgary

You can use pop-up heads and not have to worry about anyone tripping on
them.

You don't say how deep the yard is, but if the depth is consistent with
the width you probably have too much area for a one-zone system,
assuming you have normal water pressure and volume.

Your first step should be to visit some manufacturers' web sites and
read their tutorials. Find out how to measure your water pressure and
volume, measure it, then use their tutorials to design your system.

If you're not comfortable doing all the planning and design, hire an
installer. They have the specialized equipment and knowledge to make it
work, and they have a better grade of valves, heads, and controllers
than you will find at a home center.

Richard Miller wrote:
My back yard is 120 across but I don't want any more sprinklers in the
center of my yard then necessary because of my dog tripping on one of
them. Anyway I want to take sprinklers on both sides of my fence and
shot them as far into the yard as I can. Does anyone know how far I
can get a sprinkler to shoot water? I will need one (I hope) sprinkler
in the center of the yard, which will be a 360 degress sprinkler to
make up for the distance that the sprinklers on both sides will lack.
Does anyone have any thought on this?

Thanks
Richard