Old 24-04-2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default 2006 NYC Orchid Show

I am well aware that there are some unscrupulous folks out there selling
garbage orchids. Why they keep being invited back to OS-hosted shows is
beyond me, but it happens regularly. Nevertheless ...

Speaking as a grower, I would very much appreciate it if people would ASK
before doing something that might render one of my plants unsaleable till
the next time it blooms, or otherwise damage it -- e.g., handling flowers;
peeling old sheaths or bract material and perhaps breaking off a pb or new
growth in the process; digging around in the media, which can cause the
flowers to wilt prematurely; stuff like that.

Diana's comment about reporting problems as soon as possible is also very
important. Once a plant is out of the grower's care, the grower has no way
to know what the purchaser might have done to the plant -- and the folks who
post here truly would NOT believe some of the things people do to them. So
the faster you get back to the grower with your complaint, the better your
claim for a refund or replacement. Kenni

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Kathy's suggestion is the obvious best path, but if yu can't get back
there, where is this outfit located? I'd be complaining until I was blue
in the face and had a refund check in my hand. You have to do this right
away, though.

Tip: Next time, poke around in the pot a little bit and check the roots.

Kathy, is OGRES functional these days?

Diana