Old 25-04-2006, 02:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby

Default Craftsman Riding Mower(s)

wrote:

Any opinions and or advice will be appreciated.

I need a riding mower and have been told Sears will service your mower
at your home. This is important for me as I have no means of hauling a
mower to a repair shop if needed, which I am unable to do if I had a
trailer.

Most repair shops will do this. Usually they charge $25 to pick up or
drop off.

One which will bag or catch the cuttings in the process of mowing.

I bought the bagger attachment and used it for a few years. Emptying
the collectors was an enormous chore and the "experts" had decided again
that leaving the clippings on the lawn was "good". In fact it's been
just fine for at least 15 years.

Personal experiences and preferences anyone?

Get a guarantee that repair parts will be available for X years.
Sears told me 18 years ago that parts would be available for my
tractor/mower for ever. Not so. I tried to buy the backets that hold
the two blades at 90 degrees this year. "Not available" was the answer.
I don't know what Toro or John Deere offers.