Old 25-04-2006, 02:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Craftsman Riding Mower(s)

Any opinions and or advice will be appreciated.

I need a riding mower and have been told Sears will service your mower
at your home. This is important for me as I have no means of hauling a
mower to a repair shop if needed, which I am unable to do if I had a
trailer.

One which will bag or catch the cuttings in the process of mowing.

Personal experiences and preferences anyone?

Thanks to all for responses.

\/ \/

Old 26-04-2006, 04:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dean

I have had my cheapy craftsman 15.5HP rider for 8 years now and it
still runs perfectly. I use the bagger for picking up the final few
leaves after carrying off most of them on a tarp. Only problem I had
was a flat tire once. I change the oil every couple of years, nothing
else.

Dean

Old 27-04-2006, 12:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Dean wrote:
I have had my cheapy craftsman 15.5HP rider for 8 years now and it
still runs perfectly. I use the bagger for picking up the final few
leaves after carrying off most of them on a tarp. Only problem I had
was a flat tire once. I change the oil every couple of years, nothing
else.

Dean

That's a nice story. Is there a point to it?

--
Art
Old 27-04-2006, 01:35 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Artemis said:

Dean wrote:
I have had my cheapy craftsman 15.5HP rider for 8 years now and it
still runs perfectly. I use the bagger for picking up the final few
leaves after carrying off most of them on a tarp. Only problem I had
was a flat tire once. I change the oil every couple of years, nothing
else.

Dean

That's a nice story. Is there a point to it?

The OP asked for personal experience with Craftsman riders, which is pretty
much what Dean gave, no?

--
Eggs

-Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Old 27-04-2006, 08:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kate

I know LAST year, their top of the line mowers were made by Husqvarna - darn
good mowers.
http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/ Ours has the Kawasaki motor in it though. I
think it was the last year for it.
Hubby says to look at the Kohler powered before the Briggs and Stratton.

We have a two year old Husky, 48" cut 22 HP - I absolutely love the
hydromatic transmission. You couldn't convince me to change unless I thought
I could get one of those little 4WD Kubotas or a bigger Zero turn mower.

Oh, and our Husky dealer comes and gets ours when it needs to be serviced,
Yours might too. As long as you don't buy it at Lowes or someplace like
that, get it at a Husqvarna dealer.

We live in Tennessee and mow about 5 acres with ours. The rest gets hit with
the tractor and the bush-hog.

Kate

wrote in message
oups.com...
:
:
: Any opinions and or advice will be appreciated.
:
: I need a riding mower and have been told Sears will service your mower
: at your home. This is important for me as I have no means of hauling a
: mower to a repair shop if needed, which I am unable to do if I had a
: trailer.
:
: One which will bag or catch the cuttings in the process of mowing.
:
: Personal experiences and preferences anyone?
:
: Thanks to all for responses.
:
: \/ \/
:

Old 27-04-2006, 11:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Artemis said:

Dean wrote:

I have had my cheapy craftsman 15.5HP rider for 8 years now and it
still runs perfectly. I use the bagger for picking up the final few
leaves after carrying off most of them on a tarp. Only problem I had
was a flat tire once. I change the oil every couple of years, nothing
else.

Dean

That's a nice story. Is there a point to it?

The OP asked for personal experience with Craftsman riders, which is pretty
much what Dean gave, no?

Oh. I missed that.

--
Art