Old 25-04-2006, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default ID plant with beautifull leaves

wrote:
Kay Lancaster wrote:

First flowering for most tulip trees is about 15-20 years old... and then
they'll keep going for another 200 or so... A few strains (notably a
Florida strain) flower younger than average, but most require some growth.

=================
15 to 20 years! Guess my neighbor has a few more years to wait them
:0)

The trees are a nice size though, already taller than their two story
house .

IIRC, Liriodendron tulipifera is the tallest tree species east of the
Mississippi and the tallest deciduous tree in North America. Those
trees have a long way to go...

We have some fairly mature Liriodendron on our property, and I only see
the flowers when they fall to the ground. Even the lower branches are
way up in the woodland canopy.