Old 25-04-2006, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default 2006 NYC Orchid Show

A lot of straight talk in this thread. It helps me today, makes me a
better buyer. It has helped me in the recent past with less than hoped
for plants. I have bought a dozen this year and all are still alive and
growing new roots and pbulbs, about half came with bad roots. Even a
Oncidium and a Epiphyllum that I have had for more than five years are
growing like mad. I am still changing pots, water, light, everything
trying to get it right, I think newbies must all go through this. I
have pretty much quit buying plants off tailgates (some tailgates are
dressed up to look real professional).
Joe T