Old 26-04-2006, 07:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu

Default fruit tree recommendation

Not sure why you are recommending the Starkrimson cherry as being resistant to
Japanese beatles and fungal infections? I had one in my yard here in zone 5 and
it
grew to a huge size (supposed to be a semi-dwarf) and never produced much more
than a few dozen cherries. After about 10 years, we pulled it out.

Sherwin D.

wrote:

In , on 04/23/06
at 09:00 PM, "Paul E. Lehmann" said:

I need a recommendation for a fruit tree that is not bothered by
Japaneese beatles and is relatively free from fungal infections. This is
for Central Maryland - zone 6

I have a Starkrimson sweet cherry from Stark Brothers (starkbros.com.)

Alan (also in central Maryland)

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21