Old 26-04-2006, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Liquid compost as a foliant spray (innoculant)

"Scotia" wrote in message

George.com Wrote:
a general liquid
compost (a combination of organic material including seaweed but
nothing
made to a specific recipe).

Liquid composts are reputed to be beneficial to plants however I am not
sure
whether I am a beneficiary of this or some other plausible
explaination.

rob

Was it a home made brew?

Perhaps it was a bit acidic and poisoned the pests, plus if it
contained any sulphur this would help to clear the 'black spot'

maybe, it is a backyard liquid compost with the organic matter perpetually
rotting in the water rather than finished compost soaked in to some water
for a period of time. I have not bothered checking the acidity or mineral
content. It does have quite a bit of sea weed in it but that should be
nutrient balanced and not too salty.

rob