Old 27-04-2006, 12:48 PM posted to austin.gardening
Kathleen

Default chickens

We have a White Leghorn, a Barred Rock (she is the sweetest, we can't hold
her but she comes really close and follows us around), an Americauna, a
Rhode Island Red rooster and 6 mixtures.

With hope and heart,
Kathleen

--
This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed
to practise ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people.

"Cindy" wrote in message
om...
Chickens are fun. I miss having them.
I used to have Dwarf Cochins, Mille Fleurs and Silver and Golden
Sebrights -- all bantams. And I had African geese, a couple white turkeys
and a few ducks. One of the turkeys loved me and wanted to sit on me all
the time, and the other was jealous (I guess) and attacked me.
I'd like to try giant cochins. Those things are so cool! They are
huge!

Cindy